June 1, 2020
Group Therapy Program for Young Adults with Social Anxiety
The Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD) is offering a Summer group for young adults (ages 18-28) with social anxiety.
Groups are run by clinic director Dr. Blake Zakarin and will meet remotely on Wednesdays evenings.
CBGT is a goal-directed and semi-structured therapy. The groups involve:
· Education about the nature of anxiety and cognitive behavioral therapy
· Developing individualized treatment goals for each participant
· Building and reinforcing social skills as well as problem solving skills
· Assertiveness training
· Training in identification and challenging of maladaptive thought patterns
· Exposure to personally relevant anxiety-provoking situations and scenarios in a supportive setting
· Assistance with important life transitions
Please call the Intake Coordinator at CUCARD, Devon Seelig, at 212-342-0951 to sign up or make a referral.
Select a year from the drop-down menu and click on the Submit button to view a list of news topics from the selected year.
Give us a call at 212-342-3800, or visit our contact page for more information.