January 1, 2019
Group Therapy Program for Young Adults with Social Anxiety
The Columbia University Clinic for Anxiety and Related Disorders (CUCARD) is offering fall groups for young adults (age 18-28) with anxiety.
Groups will meet Tuesday evenings (for 90 minutes) and will run for 10-12 weeks.
CBGT is a goal-directed and semi-structured therapy. The groups involve:
· Education about the nature of anxiety and cognitive behavioral therapy
· Developing individualized treatment goals for each participant
· Building and reinforcing social skills as well as problem solving skills
· Assertiveness training
· Training in identification and challenging of maladaptive thought patterns
· Exposure to personally relevant anxiety-provoking situations and scenarios in a supportive setting
· Assistance with important life transitions
Please contact the Group Coordinator at CUCARD, Schuyler Fox, via phone 212-342-1066 or email Schuyler.Fox@nyspi.columbia.edu
Select a year from the drop-down menu and click on the Submit button to view a list of news topics from the selected year.
Give us a call at 212-342-3800, or visit our contact page for more information.