February 17, 2017
The Program for ADHD and Disruptive Behavior is excited to announce a new summer program to help set emerging Kindergarteners up for success.
This 4-week day camp will prepare your emerging Kindergartener to:
· Listen to teacher instructions
· Transition from activities quickly
· Regulate emotions and activity level in the classroom
· Improve cooperative play
· Overcome shyness and school-related fear
The Kindergarten-Ready Camp uses evidence-based approaches, including:
· Positive reinforcements throughout the camp day
· Teacher-child Interaction Therapy (TCIT) strategies
· Social skills training
· Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to improve school-related fears
· Weekly parent training meetings to help manage disruptive home behavior
Location: CUCARD at 3 Columbus Circle
Dates: July 10th - August 4th
The camp is intended for emerging or repeating Kindergarteners with mild to moderate disruptive classroom behavior. It is led by Dr. Vasco Lopes, senior clinical psychologist at CUCARD and coordinator of the Program for ADHD & Disruptive Behavior. For more information, contact our referral line at 212-342-0951.
Select a year from the drop-down menu and click on the Submit button to view a list of news topics from the selected year.
Give us a call at 212-342-3800, or contact us online for more information.