Services are provided by licensed clinical psychologists, advanced post doctoral fellows in psychiatry and psychology, and advanced psychology externs who work under the supervision of our faculty. Our staff specializes in the treatment of anxiety and mood disorders. Our patients can expect to receive the most advanced and expert therapeutic services.
Child and Adolescent Services
Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation
Usually conducted over 2 sessions: 1 with parents, 1 with child
- The nature and type of anxiety and mood disorders present are assessed.
- Any additional difficulties the child may be experiencing are evaluated.
- Both child and parents complete questionnaires.
- In some cases, clinicians complete an observation of the child.
Comprehensive Treatment Programs
Based upon results of the diagnostic evaluation, treatment recommendations are made which may include referrals to our programs or to another professional. Our psychosocial treatments are based on cognitive-behavioral principles and involve education about anxiety as well as teaching patients and parents specific skills to cope with challenging situations.
Recommendations may include:
- Cognitive-behavioral individual treatment
- Family-based cognitive-behavioral treatment
- Cognitive-behavioral group treatment
Length of treatment:
- We conduct short-term cognitive behavior therapy. Typical treatment programs meet weekly for approximately 12 to 20 weeks.
- Our psychosocial treatments are based on cognitive behavioral principles and involve education about anxiety as well as teaching patients specific skills to cope with challenging situations.
- Periodic follow-up sessions are also conducted, as needed, to solidify gains.